The OAP Bike Shop is a free resource available to VCU students and RecWell members. Through hands-on instruction, we can help you to maintain and repair your own bike. We offer bike repair workshops as well as one on one instruction by trained bike mechanics. We are located in the Outing Rental Center, 130 South Linden Street.
Here are some guidelines around usage of the OAP bike shop:
- The use of shop tools stands, and equipment is absolutely free. Please check in with an OAP staff member before beginning to work on your bike.
- Patrons are required to stay with their mechanic and bike during the repair process, and are encouraged to participate in the repair itself. Bikes CANNOT be stored inside the ORC overnight - there is a bike rack directly outside of the building for patrons to lock bikes to.
- Repairs are first-come, first-served. Patrons use the bike shop and tools at their own risk, and RecWell is not responsible for bikes, property or injuries that occur in this space.
- Some tools and equipment are to be used only by OAP staff. Ask if you need to use a tool that is not on the repair bench. Patrons are responsible for damage to tools or equipment.
- The OAP Bike Shop is not a full-service shop and cannot conduct all repairs or services. There are many complex problems on bicycles that we will not be able to repair - we will refer patrons to a local bike shop for repairs beyond our scope of knowledge.
Our staff can also provide you with information on local riding destinations, cycling resources, and riding tips. Don’t have your own bike, or want to try something different? We offer road, gravel and mountain bike rentals at a very affordable price.
Looking for more on-campus bike resources? Check out RamBikes, located at 1106 W. Broad St.