The equipment listed below is available for checkout at Cary Street Gym’s equipment checkout window and MCV Campus Rec Center’s front desk. Equipment cannot leave the facility it has been checked out from, and must be returned immediately after use.
- Badminton Rackets and Shuttlecocks
- Basketballs (Men’s Indoor)
- Basketballs (Women’s Indoor)
- Boxing Gloves
- Dip Chain Belts
- Futsal Balls
- Jump Ropes (Athletic)
- Jump Ropes (Recreational)
- Pickleball Paddles and Balls
- Racquetball Rackets, Racquetballs, & Goggles
- Resistance Bands
- Soccer Balls (Indoor)
- Squash Rackets and Squash Balls
- Table Tennis Paddles and Balls
- TRX Training System
Shower towels and hand towels will also be available for checkout by members with a purchased Towel Service.
If you have any questions regarding equipment checkout please contact Dan Spector at email@example.com.
Interested in a preview of what kind of equipment you can rent from the OAP? Check out our rental equipment catalogue, or feel free to give us a call at (804) 828-6004.
RecWell's Outing Rental Center offers low rental rates on items such as backpacks, sleeping bags, tents, stoves, coolers, canoes, and more. We also have books, maps, videos, and trail guides covering a variety of areas and activities. VCU students and current RecWell members may participate.
The Outing Rental Center is located at 130 South Linden Street. It is on the east end of the Cary Street Field, and across from the Cary Street Gym. Call 804.828.6004 to reach the ORC directly.
- A current photo ID is required to rent equipment.
- Reservations may be made by paying the full price of the rental in advance. No refunds will be given on reservations.
- There is a $20 service fee for returned checks.
- Weekend rentals: check out on Friday, return Monday.
OAP Season Pass
Go outside more without breaking the bank. With the Season Pass, you get a free rental of one of every unique item. You pay the normal rate for any additional "like" items. Example: free bike and helmet rental, pay the normal rate for every additional bike and helmet rental.
VCU Students: $60/semester
RecWell members: $90/semester
OAP Community Season Pass
OAP is expanding our offerings to the greater Richmond community. Anyone may purchase a community season pass per semester (Spring, Summer, and Fall) and receive access to rentals through the outing rental center. Frequently Asked Questions can be viewed here.
VCU Community: $120/semester